Lymphoma affects all ages. Advances in diagnostic cellular and molecular techniques coupled with new treatment options are improving patient outcomes.
This third edition of our bestselling 'Fast Facts: Lymphoma' distills the most important aspects of diagnosis and management into an up-to-date and highly accessible well-illustrated overview that includes:
• a clear outline of the nature of lymphoma
• the essentials of clinical presentation, biopsy and histology
• a synopsis of current laboratory diagnostics, including immunophenotyping, cytogenetics and microarray technology, and updated to include the latest molecular genetic techniques
• key aspects of staging and initial therapy
• clearly illustrated overviews of the pathology, presentation, treatment and prognosis of each lymphoma subtype
• new treatment options, including targeted biological therapies and chimeric antigen receptor T cells (CAR T cells)
• a practical overview of supportive care for the complications of lymphoma.
Written by three lymphoma experts from the UK and USA, 'Fast Facts: Lymphoma' gives an interesting international perspective to this challenging disease. Its clarity and colorful format make it a valuable resource for senior health professionals seeking an accessible update in this area of hemato-oncology, trainee doctors and specialist nurses who are new to it, and individuals affected by lymphoma and seeking more information.
• Cellular and molecular aspects
• Presentation, biopsy and diagnostic laboratory techniques
• Staging and general management principles
• Aggressive B-cell lymphomas
• Indolent B-cell lymphomas
• T-cell and natural-killer cell lymphomas
• Immunocompromised and HIV-positive patients
• Hodgkin lymphoma
• Treatment modalities
• Supportive care
En suivant ce lien, retrouvez tous les livres dans la collection fast facts.
En suivant ce lien, retrouvez tous les livres dans la spécialité Cancers.
Nbr de pages : 160
ISBN 13 : 9781910797945